[jcifs] NTLMv2 with Digital Signing

rosed rosed at lexmark.com
Wed Jul 2 17:04:00 GMT 2008

I've been working on adding NTLMv2 support to JCIFS.  So far I've implemented
the getNTLMv2Response in the NtlmPasswordAuthentication class using the
davenport spec (http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html).  This seems to
be working (saving a file to a windows share) if I set the property
jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility to 5 and set the LMCompatibilityLevel on the
server to 5.  But this will only work if I also disable the following
Security Option in the Local Security Policies on the server:  Microsoft
network server: Digitally sign communications (always).  If I enable this
setting then I'm able to authenticate but as soon an I try to save a file to
the share I get an access denied error.  Any ideas on how to get this to
work with Digital Signing?

Thanks,
Danny