[jcifs] Tomcat Web Server and Windows 2003

David Human Dawie at inobits.com
Tue Aug 26 10:51:47 GMT 2008

We have configured the WINS components and will look into the resolveOrder
settings. What I do find interesting is that it is not possible to gain
access to the WebApplication when the soTimeout is long. Very short timeouts
work.  If one user is logged on, the second user doesn't even get the WebApp
logon dialogue.  Only the Windows logon box pops up.  You fail to logon and
the WebApp logfiles don't show any logon attempt or failure.  It is as if
Tomcat only allows one conenction to the WebApp at a single point in time.
With the soTimeout very short, a second user will be granted access and so
and and so forth.  This is the only way I can get multiple users to at least
logon.  There must be some concurrency issue or setting that I have missed.