[jcifs] jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter and POST

Robert Baldock robert.baldock at pfiks.com
Thu Aug 21 10:00:09 GMT 2008

Looking further into this, I found Kevin Tapperson's NTLMPostFilter from
2004 on this page:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.samba.java/3708/

However, when I use the logic in this code in my filter, this check for
an Authorization header:

String msg = httpRequest.getHeader("Authorization");
if ((msg != null) && (msg.startsWith("NTLM "))) ...

always results in a msg with a null value.  As a result, the subsequent
code that tries to fool IE is never actually entered.  The end result is
that POST requests end up being ignored completely by the filter.

Does anyone know why this might be the case?

Robert