[jcifs] Domain Controller and PreAuth

Brown, Melonie mbrown at microstrategy.com
Thu Sep 27 02:25:47 GMT 2007

Mike,

(Thanks for the speedy response).

I have a custom web application that uses JCIFS to retrieve the logged in user.   In one particular environment (Windows 2003 domain controller or just a Windows 2000 box on the network, Tomcat on AIX), the second user accessing the web application intermittently gets the dreaded windows login popup.  I've tried multiple combinations of property settings, but haven't been able to find the right one.

pre-auth was definitely tried, but I'm pretty sure it was tried in conjunction with the domain controller setting.   The notes in the original post said that jcifs.netbios.lmhosts could be used to refer to a file.   The wins parameter allows for multiple addresses to be specified.    If the lmhosts option is used, can you have more than one domain controller in the lmhosts file?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:33:46 -0400
"Brown, Melonie"  wrote:

> There's an older post to the list (copied below) that says preauth and domaincontroller do not work.
>
> Has this been resolved?

I don't recall changing anything wrt that.

Mike

PHP Active Directory Kerberos SSO