[jcifs] RE: Second user gets authentication prompt - inconsistent authentication results - "jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Access is denied"

Paul ANDERSON panderson at wta.dz
Thu Sep 6 09:09:21 GMT 2007

I tried increasing the timeout with jcifs 1.2.17 according to previous
forum posts and it's OK - not all the time though apparently, some users
get the authentication box.

What's a timeout got to do with signing - why does it appear as a
signing error? I know some people tried disabling signing on the server
side where the client doesn't require it, but it made no difference for
them.

Someone contributed a patch for signing a few days ago - could the
issues be linked?