[jcifs] how to tell if CIFS/SAMBA is running on a server?

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 01:54:34 GMT 2007

To clarify... are you looking to see if the servers are running
Microsoft's CIFS services versus Samba?  Or are you trying to
determine if some of the servers are not running file services *at
all*?  From your first post you seem to imply that these are windows
boxes, which would almost certainly not be running Samba.