[jcifs] Need help loading a file...please

Michael B Allen miallen at ioplex.com
Wed Jun 27 19:33:47 GMT 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:22:58 -0500
Laura McCord <mccordl at southwestern.edu> wrote:

> The only reason why I think it's JCIFS is because after I use "in =
> new SmbFileInputStream" and I try to do "int contentLength =
> in.available();" I am getting nothing as if the InputStream is empty.
> To me that sounds like there is  a problem with me loading the file
> using jcifs, don't you think?

I think you should look at the API documentation:

  "This stream class is unbuffered. Therefore this method will always
  return 0 for streams connected to regular files."

I think you want to wrap the SmbFileInputStream in a BufferedInputStream:

  in = new BufferedInputStream(new SmbFileInputStream(...));
  in.available()