[jcifs] DFS Questions

Jake Goulding goulding at vivisimo.com
Tue Jan 30 18:55:37 GMT 2007

Michael B Allen wrote:
>> I have a user who is trying to access files on a DFS mount. As I
>> understand it, this is a large organization and the user directories for
>> everyone are stored on a DFS share. They are doing a little test of a
>> directory with 4 files in it. Sometimes the directory will list,
>> sometimes not. Sometimes a file will be retrieved correctly, most times not.
>>

> "sometimes" is a dirty word. Unfortunately you need to identify the
> pattern more clearly. Is it occurring on the first request and then not
> on subsequent requests on the same connection?
>
> Do you have access to the customer's network? Can you devise an example
> program that they can run to more clearly demonstrate the problem?

I was hoping that someone else had a similar problem and could point me
to the solution. ;-)

I had each file individually tested, and each works when retrieved by
itself. However, when getting the whole directory, the directory was
listed and only one file was retrieved. I'd say that it working once and
then not a second time would be a pretty good summation of the problem.
Is this a known issue?

Thanks!

-Jake