[jcifs] jcifs-1.2.12 and DFS

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Jan 8 07:47:32 GMT 2007

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 20:42:42 -0600
"James Maupin" <james.maupin at metacarta.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> With jcifs1.2.13b2, getDfsPath() does not give the
> StringIndexOutOfBoundsException, however, it includes an extra slash at the
> end?

Just fixed those two bugs. Try jcifs-1.2.13b3 in the download area.

Unfortunately we're now seeing how delicate the DFS code is; change one
thing and something else breaks. This is because a DFS referral triggers
the 'tree' and 'unc' members of an SmbFile to change but many methods
look at and operate on them in different ways. Hopefully there won't be
too much back-and-fourth required to stabilize the code.

Incedentially, I've noticed your ListFiles examples take 6+
seconds. That's a sure indication of name service timeouts (NetBIOS
name service queries are tried twice three seconds apart). Either set
jcifs.netbios.wins to your WINS server or set jcifs.resolveOrder=DNS
and your examples will run fast.