[jcifs] JCIFS // Problem with Tomcat 5.5 configuration

Reitz, Rainer Rainer.Reitz at fme.fujitsu.com
Wed Feb 7 14:41:12 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I have a problem with configuring Tomcat in a way that the web filter
will be addressed.
First I put it to catalina_home/common/lib/ and later I tried with
WEB-INF/lib/.
Both ways return with the following error:

Feb 7, 2007 3:35:27 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
filterStart
SEVERE: Exception starting filter NtlmHttpFilter
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter

The web.xml looks like that:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN"    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
<web-app>

    <filter>
        <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
        <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
            <param-value>here are some IP's</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
            <param-value>here is the domain name</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

Thanks for your help!