[jcifs] Re: SocketTimeoutException

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Feb 7 20:02:03 GMT 2007

Pls send all questions to the JCIFS mailing list.

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:23:06 -0500
"Server, Joe" <JServer at AEGONUSA.com> wrote:

> I'm getting the following error
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/net/SocketTimeoutException
>
> which I would assume is because my application server uses jdk 1.3 which
> does
> not have a java.net.SocketTimeoutException
>
> is there an older version of jcifs that i can download that does not
> have this
> dependency? Or some other workaround?

First, remove that SocketTimeoutException catch clause in
src/jcifs/netbios/NameServiceClient.java and recomplile just to check
and make sure JCIFS actually still works with 1.3. There might be other
problems. If successful, crank up logging and wait for the NetBIOS client
to timeout to see what the exception is that is thrown by 1.3. Then
add back the catch clase with that exception type. And let us know
for posterity.

PHP Active Directory SSO