[jcifs] JCIFS and RAW Mode

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Aug 28 21:29:03 GMT 2007

Steven Zgaljic wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Actually, I'm not really sure what I'm referring too, the only
> information I have to go on is "Does JCIFS use RAW Mode"? Such a broad
> question is too complex to answer, however, I think the information that
> Mike provided might be enough for me to determine if we are using JCIFS
> in RAW mode.
>
> Mike,
>
> So to be as simplistic as possible you are saying that if I am
> connecting with port 445 I am using RAW Mode and if I am using 139 it is
> not RAW Mode? Would you be able to point me to some type of
> documentation detailing this information?
>
> Thanks once again.

In my book, I cover all of these issues:  http://ubiqx.org/cifs/

It's an Open Source book so it's all there on-line.  No purchase necessary.  :)

You probably want to search through the section on SMB.  Particularly:

  http://www.ubiqx.org/cifs/SMB.html#SMB.3.3

...which talks about the transports.

Chris -)-----

--
"Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem"    ISBN: 013047116X
Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/    -)-----     Christopher R. Hertel
ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/    -)-----          crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/   -)-----             crh at ubiqx.org