[jcifs] jCIFS problems with Weblogic

eeliasnieland eeliasnieland at cw.bc.ca
Mon Aug 27 21:27:05 GMT 2007

Hi!

I try to integrate the NTLMHttpFilter in our new web application and
encountered some strange problems. When the first user trys to login it
works fine, but any additional user who trys the same gets a password dialog
and can't authenticate anymore, even with the right credentials. The
WebLogic log file shows this error message after trying to authenticate:

NtlmHttpFilter: DOMAIN\USERNAME: 0xC0000022: jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException:
Access is denied.

I'm using jCIFS 1.2.17 and WebLogic 8.1 and access the application directly
by Weblogic without a web server. The domain controller is a windows 2003
server and works fine for a .NET based web site with NTML authentication.
I use the following settings in my web.xml:
<filter>
    <filter-name>NTLM HTTP Authentication Filter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
        <param-value>IP to domain controller</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
       <param-name>jcifs.util.loglevel</param-name>
       <param-value>2</param-value>
    </init-param>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>NTLM HTTP Authentication Filter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

Anybody an idea what I'm doing wrong???

Thanks,