[jcifs] NullPointerException when trying to authenticate against domain name > 15 chars

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe at zylin.com
Sun Apr 22 08:12:05 GMT 2007

On 4/22/07, Eric Glass <eric.glass at gmail.com> wrote:
> The domain parameter was/is originally intended to be the
> NetBIOS-style domain (e.g. "MYDOMAIN") rather than the DNS-style (e.g.
> "mydomain.domain.com").  So trimming to 15 characters and uppercasing
> would make sense in that context.  Although from some previous
> experimentation I think everything works with DNS-style domain
> specified also, so you could probably just remove the trimming and see
> if it works.

If it works, does it mean that jCIFS is broken? (Retesting is
non-trivial as it was at a
clients... but I hope to get around to it.)

Currently I'm trying out the jcifs.http.domainController property and
it seems to work better than WINS...

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com - eCos ARM & FPGA  developer kit