[jcifs] NtlmHttpFilter Question

Vinny Carpenter vscarpenter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 19:49:28 GMT 2007

Hi Eric and thanks.  And yes - the NTML feature is working
transparently inside the network but when I test my application over a
web-based VPN (not the standard fat-client VPN), I get prompted for
the login/password.  I just wondered if I could customize that HTTP
401 box to have some additional information about what login/password
is expected.

I like Alexander Jung's idea -- Instead of sending a 401, he has
modified the filter to redirect the user to the login page.  That
would do the trick as you can have any relevant information on that
landing page.

Thanks

--Vinny