[jcifs] NtlmHttpFilter Question

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 19:03:59 GMT 2007

The AuthName property of apache specifies the realm name that is
presented in the HTTP auth dialog.  This is only applicable to HTTP
Basic and Digest authentication, not NTLM (no such parameter is part
of the authentication mechanism).

You can specify the equivalent parameter by setting
"jcifs.http.basicRealm" to the value desired in web.xml (and enabling
Basic authentication via the "jcifs.http.enableBasic" and possibly
"jcifs.http.insecureBasic").  But if NTLM is actually supported by the
client (as it would be in IE and Firefox) you won't see it anyway.

Eric