[jcifs] NtlmHttpFilter Question

Vinny Carpenter vscarpenter at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 18:14:01 GMT 2007

Hi there.  I am using the wonderful NtmlHttpFilter (jcifs-1.2.13) for
authentication and single sign-on functionality for an Intranet
application.  Most users are using IE and so authentication is
transparent.  Users that are using Firefox get the 401 authentication
prompt and if they pass in the correct login/password, everything
works as it should.

My question is if I can modify the look and feel of the HTTP 401?
Apache web server allows you to specify a AuthName property that shows
up in the login dialog and so you can pass in some comments to the
user.  Is there something similar in jCIFS and NtmlHttpFilter?  Is
there anything I can do to customize the login dialog?  Thank you.

--Vinny

--
http://www.j2eegeek.com/blog | http://www.savebabygavin.com/