[jcifs] Re: NetLocalGroupEnum / NetLocalGroupGetMembers

Jake Goulding goulding at vivisimo.com
Wed Apr 4 21:21:48 GMT 2007

Well, the problem is that I don't need the local groups, but need the
members of those groups... a short example:

Active Directory users: A & B.
Fileserver F has local group G, containing A & B, and an ACL that says
file Z can be read by group G.

If I get the ACL for Z, I will get group G back (this is me assuming...).

Later on, user A logs in to our system and tries to do a search. We
query Active Directory at that time to see what rights A has. Since G is
a local group, Active Directory will not know anything about it. Our
security checks will say that A cannot access Z.

What I'd like to be able to do is (perhaps separately from jcifs?) query
a server to get the local groups, then find all the members of those
local groups (recursing until I no longer hit local groups).

Thanks!

--

JAKE GOULDING
Software Engineer