[jcifs] Re: NetLocalGroupEnum / NetLocalGroupGetMembers

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Apr 4 21:14:21 GMT 2007

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:09:09 -0400
Jake Goulding <goulding at vivisimo.com> wrote:

> I've got a case where some customers have an Active Directory setup for
> the whole organization, but specific fileservers have local groups
> comprised of these AD users/groups. I'd like to be able to list the
> local groups on the remote server and resolve them until I end up at
> either a AD User or AD Group. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this?
>
> MSDN reference for the 2 relevant functions (I think):
> NetLocalGroupEnum
>
> NetLocalGroupGetMembers

Mmmm, I thought this worked already provided the DCERPC handle for the
MsrpcLookupSids call was the file server itself which IIRC is how the code
currently works. The MsrpcLookupSids call doesn't return local groups?

Maybe you would have to implement new RPCs (I guess the ones you cite,
not sure).

PHP Active Directory Kerberos SSO