[jcifs] NotSerializable Exception jcifs.UniAddress

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Apr 2 22:48:03 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 18:45:40 +0000 (UTC)
Kedar Jog <Kedar.Jog at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am getting the following error on a WebSphere cluster. The App implements
> NTLM Auth using jcifs. Does UniAddress need to be made Serializable. I am
> using the latest and greates jcifs version
>
> [4/2/07 13:40:26:159 EDT] 00000050 SessionContex E   Exception is:
> java.io.NotSerializableException: jcifs.UniAddress
> 	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java
> (Compiled Code))
> 	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields
> (ObjectOutputStream.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
> 	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java

We'll I'm not sure where our code puts a UniAddress in the session but I
don't think it would matter if it was Serializable. The Filter doesn't
workin a cluster environment because the challenge used to compute the
password hashes is specific to the server from which it came. So if one
request goes to web server 1 and the challenge is returned. If the next
request goes to server 2 the hashes will be wrong.

I don't know enough about clustering to give you a definitive solution but
my understanding is that there's usually a way to give clients an affinity
for certain servers. That would be a prerequisite for solving the problem.

PHP Active Directory Kerberos SSO