[jcifs] dfs child domain authentication

dhillenb at lexmark.com dhillenb at lexmark.com
Fri Sep 1 17:34:55 GMT 2006

I am having trouble authenticating users using dfs when a child domain is
being used for authentication.  I have been attempting
this building a url with the username and password fields in the string. I
keep getting
the standard
   NT returned Status error is -> c000006d is = NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
    the NT related message is   -> Logon failure: unknown user name or bad
password.

does anyone have a special syntax for the url or any tricks to get around
this?
I saw a note that someone  tried using the username at child domain for the
username piece of the url but still no luck .
Thanks !