[jcifs] jcifs - user cant log in

Kevin Tapperson kevin at tapperson.net
Thu Oct 26 14:40:39 GMT 2006

Take a look at the Active Directory attribute called userWorkstations.  If
the userWorkstations attribute for a user is not populated, then a user can
login to any workstation.  If the userWorkstations attribute for a user
contains one or more workstation names, then that user can only login from
those workstations.  I would suggest setting your netbios hostname in jcifs
using the jcifs.netbios.hostname property; this way you are guaranteed a
consistent netbios workstation name (this is particularly useful if you have
a cluster of servers running jcifs).  Then you will need to make sure that
that workstation name is listed in all user accounts in AD that make use of
the userWorkstations attribute.  (There is no need to add the jcifs
workstation name to users who do not already have a userWorkstations
attribute.)

Hope this helps...

-- Kevin Tapperson
kevin at tapperson.net