[jcifs] Connection in error

Andrew Miller pulazzo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 13:53:46 GMT 2006

I'm seeing this error in one of my deployments. I have others that
work perfectly fine and this never occurs (this one is on a different
domain).  After I see this once, it happens over and over.

jcifs.smb.SmbException:
jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Connection in error
jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Connection timeout
	at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.connect(Transport.java:349)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.connect(SmbTransport.java:271)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:129)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:322)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:308)

I'm using jcifs 1.2.6 for NTLM in a custom application that looks
mostly like an http servlet engine.

I saw a reference in a thread from last year that suggested a
disconnect needed to be called and am looking into patching the
source.

I was wondering, is this the same issue?

Any idea what would cause this?

I'm considering updating to 1.2.9, but am hesitant to do so with out a
lot of testing.  Are there any changes in those updates that might
affect this?

Thank you,
Andy