[jcifs] midlc status

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Nov 24 16:55:44 GMT 2006

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:47:43 +0300
"seas seas" <seasmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would anybody so kind to tell me about midlc compiler status, please?
>
>    - Is it still supported? (I mean, somebody make evolutions, implement
>    better support of IDL).

Not really. I will try to do an update to emit correct Java for JCIFS'
MSRPC (very simple stuff like classes no longer 'extends Stub', method
names changed slightly, etc). But otherwise, I don't have a lot of
"free" time.

>    - Are there any version fresher than 0.6.0? (I could only find in
>    jarapac download area).

The latest version is always in the jcifs download area but there hasn't
been an update in over a year.

>    - Are there anything like CVS or SVN (or something else) where the
>    latest development version is stored?

No.

>    - I could play with the tool a little, and I could observe some
>    problems like Segmentation fault or the result java and c code is not valid.
>    - Where to post bugs? What is the process if I wish to solve these
>    problems myself?

You can post them to the list. I will likely not incorporate them but you
never know, other people might use them and start a separate community.

PHP Active Directory SSO