[jcifs] Windows domain/username

Ajay Dhuria ADhuria at capitalsource.com
Thu May 18 15:40:01 GMT 2006

We've been using jcifs for several months now to perform single sign on
for one of our internal applications, and its worked great for the most
part.

We are seeing some strange behavior for a very small percentage of
users.  They are logged into the domain, but when they try to access the
jcifs protected site, it seems that windows is passing the wrong domain
name to jcifs.  It actually passes [server hostname]\[username] instead
of [domain name]\[username] resulting in an authentication failure.

If we turn off the auto-login in IE, the windows password prompt pops
up, and the username defaults to [server hostname]\[username].  If we
change it to [domain name]\[username] and enter the windows password
everything works fine.

We are using jcifs 1.2.4 with XP SP2 clients and the server is
Apache/Tomcat.

Anyone else experience this behavior?  Any suggestions?  Thanks in
advance.