[jcifs] NTLM Ajax POST

Jonathan Trumbull jonathan.trumbull at gmail.com
Wed May 17 16:03:16 GMT 2006

Mike,

>>Due to the NTLM HTTP authentication protocol being a three message...<<

But, if you are performing the AJAX calls against the server for which you
have already established a session there shouldn't be any messing about with
NTLM messages.  It should just check to see if the NTLM object is present in
the session and let the request through (restating the obvious here--of
course!).  I think most of my problems were caused by the app server session
timing out before making multiple asynchronous AJAX requests.  Then both IE
and the servlet filter get terribly confused with the barrage of messages
and requests just like you mentioned.

>>Yet again, the solution is to use Kerberos which doesn't normally require
multiple messages.<<

Among other benefits!

BTW, thanks for all the work on jCIFs and the NtlmHttpFilter in particular!
We use them on quite a few projects.

--Jonathan