[jcifs] Re: FW: Inconsistent Authentication Results: Access Denied & Windows Enter password popping up

David Sprowls ctasprowls at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 30 00:04:39 GMT 2006

I just upgraded to jcifs 1.2.8 and am still having this problem.  I have
tried preauthentication and disabling session persistence in Tomcat as
recommended in other posts; however, neither helped.  The only way I
have been able to get around it, is by setting the soTimeOut to half a
second as recommended in this post
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.samba.java/5232.  I realized that
this will cause a a connection to be opened to the domain controller for
every login attempt; however, is that the only drawback?  I have a
relatively small user base; so if that is the only negative, it should
not impact me much.

I am running windows 2000, jre 1.5.0_06, and Tomcat 5.5.15.  I am using
the following in web.xml.

<filter>
	<filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
	<filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

	<init-param>
		<param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
		<param-value>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</param-value>
	</init-param>

	<init-param>
		<param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
		<param-value>name</param-value>
	</init-param>

	<init-param>
		<param-name>jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout</param-name>
		<param-value>500</param-value>
	</init-param>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
	<filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
	<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
--
  David Sprowls