[jcifs] jcifs.netbios.hostname and authentication

Richard Caper rcaper at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 12:25:44 GMT 2006

Where would you suggest that it get this information from?  The domain
controller has a "whitelist" of Netbios names from which the user can
log in; setting the jcifs.netbios.hostname property tells jCIFS what
Netbios name it should present to the server.  If the specified name
is on the list, then authentication works.

The Netbios name has to come from somewhere (if you don't specify one
via the property, jCIFS picks a random value).

If you are saying that you need to login to multiple servers, and
present a *different* hostname to each, then that is a more convoluted
issue (and I don't think possible in the current code).