[jcifs] Security Correctness

James Maupin james.maupin at metacarta.com
Tue Jul 25 11:44:19 GMT 2006

Jake,

This situation can happen with Share permissions also. However, most
companies that I've worked with set up open SMB/CIFS Shares (all users and
groups) and allow bypass traversal. That is, user Z could not navigate to
the file with Explorer, but could open the file with a full path.

regards,
James

James Maupin
Business Development Engineer, Energy