[jcifs] Exception with wrong password and error page

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Jan 19 18:01:40 GMT 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:30:07 -0000
"Gerard McGovern" <stuff at inkiboo.com> wrote:

> > > It happens to all users and they are all members of Domain Users,
> > > which has access rights to the shared folder that jcifs
> > authenticates against.
> >
> > The shared folder that jcifs authenticates against?
>
> Yes, as indicated by the following line:
>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.logonShare</param-name>
>       <param-value>Development</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>
> > Why do I get the feeling you're leaving out some important
> > information?
>
> I have no idea.
>
> As far as I understood it, jcifs worked by passing the details gained
> from NTLM and using them to connect to that Shared folder. If it
> completed successfully then the user is granted access. If not, it is
> rejected.

The shared folder thing is not the standard config in which case
you should post all properties and values used. Try the "Production
web.xml example" listed on the NTLM HTTP auth page and see how that
works. If it does not work then you know theres something wrong with
the logonShare setup (ie. try listing the shares on the target server
with the examples/ListFiles.java example).