[jcifs] Exception with wrong password and error page

Gerard McGovern stuff at inkiboo.com
Thu Jan 19 08:30:07 GMT 2006

> > It happens to all users and they are all members of Domain Users,
> > which has access rights to the shared folder that jcifs
> authenticates against.
>
> The shared folder that jcifs authenticates against?

Yes, as indicated by the following line:

    <init-param>
      <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.logonShare</param-name>
      <param-value>Development</param-value>
    </init-param>

> Why do I get the feeling you're leaving out some important
> information?

I have no idea.

As far as I understood it, jcifs worked by passing the details gained
from NTLM and using them to connect to that Shared folder. If it
completed successfully then the user is granted access. If not, it is
rejected.