[jcifs] Re: Propagation of windows credentials from Java client throughto web service

mileyd dean_miley at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 09:45:09 GMT 2006

Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale <at> unisys.com> writes:

> > From:
> > jcifs <at> lists.samba.org [mailto:jcifs <at> lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of
> mileyd
> > Subject: [jcifs] Propagation of windows credentials from Java
> > client throughto web service
> >
> > My problem is that I would like to propagate the XP
> > credentials users have already used to login to windows
> > rather than popping up a login dialog and asking them to
> > provide them again so they can log in to my application.
>
> Have your read this?
> http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html
>
> In particular, look at the section on "Transparent Authentication and
> the Network Password Dialog".
>
>  - Chuck

I did see that document Chuck, but the way I interpreted that was that it
related to browser clients only. I am wanting to know how to do it from a
standard java client application. In .NET you can get the DefaultCredentials
which hooks into the local windows credentials cache. I need to do something
similar from Java and then use them in the NTLM handshake.

Cheers

Dean