[jcifs] STATUS_BAD_DEVICE_TYPE why?

Erdei Bela ebela at freemail.hu
Thu Jan 5 23:24:53 GMT 2006

Michael B Allen wrote:

>>No Unicode characters in the share name, just simple ascii chars. Here
>>is jcifs url:  smb://admin:pass@sga/sga/. It is very simple, i think. I
>>think the problem is in the w2k machine.
>>Can i change some property in w2k? Do you know? Because i don't have idea.
>>What does it mean: Path: \\IS~SGA. It is good? Why not this: Path:
>>\\sga\sga ?
>>

>Yeah, the TreeConnect path is getting messed up for some reason. Are
>there any strange characters in the password? If so you will need to
>URL escape them. Try separating out the credentials like:
>
>  NtlmPasswordAuthentication auth = new NtlmPasswordAuthentication("domain", "username", "password");
>  SmbFile f = new SmbFile("smb://sga/sga/", auth);
>
>Mike

Hm... No, nothing special char in the password too. Just simple chars,
maybe i try to separate the connection, but just tomorow. But i have
another strange behavior. I try to mount the w2k share with simple samba
mount (mount -t smbfs //sga/sga /mnt -o
username=administrator,password=pass) , and i got response: no such
share. And the another w2k machine can connect to share. Linux can't.

bela