[jcifs] problem with jcifs 1.2.10

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:36:26 GMT 2006

> <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.resolveOrder</param-name>
> <param-value>DNS</param-value>

This parameter is actually "jcifs.resolveOrder"; but if you set it to
DNS it won't use WINS.

> <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
> <param-value>myCompany.ad.local</param-value>

This parameter is intended to be an IP address (although I think it
will actually resolve a hostname).  If you specify the domain
controller, it won't use WINS and the jcifs.smb.client.domain to find
a suitable controller for the domain (will instead use only the host
specified here).

> I would also like to get rid of the IP addresses in the wins property. Is it possible to write the DNS names of the servers here?

I don't think so (it is not intended to work that way, anyhow).