[jcifs] Fw: RAP getGroups

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Aug 29 14:16:51 GMT 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 03:49:59 -0700 (PDT)
Richard Evans <richard.evans at thoughtbreak.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am new to this mailing list and don't know if it is appropriate to send technical queries here so if not ... a) sorry and b) can you tell me where I can seek help?
>
> I plan to user jcifs for HTTP authentication (NTLM or Kerberos) and to check for group membership.
>
> I have downloaded jcifs-1.2.9 and jcifs-ext-0.9.4 from http://jcifs.samba.org/. Basic NTLM authentication works fine but when I call getGroups I get jcifs.smb.RapException: More data is available.
>
> Two questions....
>
> 1) Is jcifs-ext-0.9.4 the latest extension? I note that Rap.java calls SmbFile:sendTransaction() which does not exist in jcifs-1.2.9. I have just changed to "send()."

Actually it's not quite that simple. I think there have been some
other slight changes to the transaction handling. But if you look at
the differences between 0.9 transactions and 1.2 you should be able to
update jcifs-ext. But ...

> 2) The More data is available error (234) presumably means there are more groups to come (I get 8). Have I missed a way to configure for larger responses or to paginate?

RAPs are limited to 64K payloads. Only 8 groups sounds pretty small. Maybe
some buffer sizes need to be fiddled with. But you're still going to hit
the limit. The correct method is to use RPCs. Some people have managed
to get one or another RPCs working with Jarapac. Actually I think using
Jarapac would probably be the easier way to go. Search the list.

PHP Active Directory SSO