[jcifs] Fw: RAP getGroups

Richard Evans richard.evans at thoughtbreak.com
Tue Aug 29 10:49:59 GMT 2006

Hello,
I am new to this mailing list and don't know if it is appropriate to send technical queries here so if not ... a) sorry and b) can you tell me where I can seek help?

I plan to user jcifs for HTTP authentication (NTLM or Kerberos) and to check for group membership.

I have downloaded jcifs-1.2.9 and jcifs-ext-0.9.4 from http://jcifs.samba.org/. Basic NTLM authentication works fine but when I call getGroups I get jcifs.smb.RapException: More data is available.

Two questions....

1) Is jcifs-ext-0.9.4 the latest extension? I note that Rap.java calls SmbFile:sendTransaction() which does not exist in jcifs-1.2.9. I have just changed to "send()."

2) The More data is available error (234) presumably means there are more groups to come (I get 8). Have I missed a way to configure for larger responses or to paginate?

Many thanks for the great software and any help you can provide!

Regards,
Richard

+44(0)7985 437 517
richard.evans at thoughtbreak.com