[jcifs] SmbFile - Last Accessed Time

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Aug 21 05:39:23 GMT 2006

Can't do it with stock jCIFS. We never thought anyone would want
it. Trans2QueryPathInformationResponse.java decodes it but the Info
interface doesn't collect it and SmbFile doesn't have a method for it. It
wouldn't be terribly difficult to add the necessary methods to propagate
the value. Just copy SmbFile.lastModifed() to SmbFile.lastAccess()
and trace down filling in what's needed.

Mike

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:23:48 -0700 (PDT)
Steve <spamcorn at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi guys;
>
> I'm trying to replace a .Net/Windows app with a java
> one using jCIFS instead of the Windows API to read
> file metadata on a remote server.  Everything has
> worked very smoothly, but I don't appear to be able to
> find a method on SmbFile to read a file's last
> accessed time (I've found create and modified ok).
>
> Any pointers?
>
> All help greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Steve