[jcifs] Exception when trying to connect

Mike Mercier mmercier at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 18:08:45 GMT 2006

Hi All,

Upon further testing I believe I have resolved the issue.

adding -Djcifs.util.log=10 I get the exception:
UnsupportedEncodingException: Cp850

I did a quick google search and notices a post concerning this.  I then
added -Djcifs.encoding=Cp1252 and it works correctly.  I am not sure what
the difference is between the 2 workstations.  As I mentioned before, one
was a ghost image of the other.

One other thing:
I have used jcifs in another application that works correctly on the
workstation that didn't work for the test case.  The difference is, I
included the jCifs source in the project instead of using the jar library.
Is something happening with java trying to read the proper encoding?

Just for reference, I am using JRE1.5.0_06 on the workstations.

Thanks,
Mike