[jcifs] Exception when trying to connect

Mike Mercier mmercier at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 16:53:04 GMT 2006

Hello,

I tried your suggestion and used a linux machine to try the following
command:

smbclient -L \\\\192.168.1.10\\

I get the results as expected:

Domain=[Domain] OS=[UNIX] Server=[Samba 2.2.12]

      Sharename      Type      Comment
      TESTSHARE      Disk      All Groups
      IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
      ADMIN$         IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)

I also tried the application on a different workstation (still Win XP)... it
worked successfully, but the old workstation still fails.

Is there something that could be workstation specific that would not allow
the java to run correctly in certain situations?

Thanks,
Mike