[jcifs] NTLM filter works not every time

Anton Dekusar adekusar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 09:34:59 GMT 2006

Hello,

I use simple JSP page and intercepting NTLM filter for the testing. It works
fine with IE and Firefox. But I need to write .NET client (using WebRequest
class) that will connect to the server. And here is a big problem. Client do
not become authenticated in some cases. It works fine only one time of  3-4
times. I use default credentials in the client and get an exception in the
filter:

0xC000006D: jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Logon failure: unknown user name or
bad password.

Next time it might work.
I tried different settings for the filter: just wins, concrete domain
controller, different compatibility level, with or without preauthentication
and so on. It does not help at all. So any help will be appreciated.

I use:
Tomcat 5.5.9
JDK 1.5
JCIFS 1.2.9