[jcifs] Authentification failure for localhost

Richard Heap richardheap at beeb.net
Thu May 12 13:00:00 GMT 2005

Windows doesn't listen on port 139 on the loopback address, so you have
to provide the ip address of one of the real network interfaces of the
machine (or the hostname, which will resolve to one of them). I've had
success with a modified NtlmHttpFilter that sets the domain controller to:
InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress() - on Windows this returns