[jcifs] The SmbTransport for getChallenge() and logon() must be the same? why?

Xaver Fischer Xaver.Fischer at gmx.de
Mon May 9 08:34:33 GMT 2005

Hi Mike,

thanks for your answer!
I will have a look at JCIFS 1.1.11, although I don't think that it helps for
my specific problem ;-).

> After it has been passed to the client, the client should return password
hashes which can only be validated against the DC from which the challenge
came.

What I learned and what you confirmed to certain degree: It must not only be
the same DC (which is in my case), but also the same SmbSession/SmbTransport
must be used. If you use a new SmbTransport (to the SAME DC) for the
SmbSession.logon(), different from the one used for
SmbSession.getChallenge(), then the logon will fail.
Seems to be a restriction/security feature of the DC?

Xaver

--
+++ Neu: Echte DSL-Flatrates von GMX - Surfen ohne Limits +++
Always online ab 4,99 Euro/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl