[jcifs] Excluding Bogus Windows Domain Controllers

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Mar 15 18:37:39 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:04:39 +0000 (UTC)
Jimmy Ray <jimmyraywv at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use NTLM filter and my WINS servers are returning an IP
> list of 5 domain controllers, one of which is bogus.  The NT admins
> cant/wont fix it.  My Tomcat (on Unix) app hangs as well as my test java
> app in windows when this domain controler IP is used.  Is there any
> setting that I can put in my web.xml to exclude the bigus IP?  If not,
> what class do I need to modify to pull the bogus IP from the list of IPs
> used by jcifs?

First, upgrade to the latest version of jcifs because there were some
bugs in the handling of the DC list.

JCIFS should handle this automatically. When jcifs rotates to a new
DC it tries to negotiate with it to see if it's "good". If it isn't it
removes it from the list. This process should not "hang".

Try 1.1.9 first and tell us how it goes. There are a variety of things
you can do to make it work well all of which is documented.

IRC - where men are men, women are men, and the boys are FBI agents.