[jcifs] Print Queue Management

Carlol Simbag carlo.simbag at suncorp.com.au
Wed Mar 2 23:42:23 GMT 2005

Hi folks,

I have been evaluating the JCifs open source implementation of
SMB/CIFS with the view of using it for printer queue management.

I have been able to connect to the printer queue successfully using the SmbFile
class.  However the class does not allow me to inspect what print jobs are
currently in the queue.  Looking and trying out other classes in the API did
not produce any successful outcome.

Has anyone tried this using the API?  Is it just wishful thinking to be able
to do print queue management with the current API?   Has anyone got any
suggestion or experience performing print queue management.

Note the queue I am referring to are windows printer queue.

Hoping to hear from you all.

Cheers,
Carlo