[jcifs] Re: jcifs-1.1.9 ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Chris McKay kiwicmc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:52:12 GMT 2005

I've done a little tuning on HP-UX before (for Java application
servers) and there are several kernel and network parameters that you
can modify to improve performance. Not only that but at least on one
occasion our network card was stuck in half duplex mode (it's supposed
to be auto-sensing) and only a software prod would make it switch to
full-duplex.

The HP Java site is a good place to start.

http://www.hp.com/go/java

This is a direct link to something that may help you, but you can
navigate to here fairly easily from the previous link.

http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechDocumentDetailPage_IDX/1,1701,1618,00.html#Heading:Network

Getting all the recommended HP-UX patches for Java applications is
always important as well. You don't say, but I presume you're running
the same version of VM on all systems?

Regards,
Chris