[jcifs] jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Connection timeout

Praveen Tammana praveen.public at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 01:25:56 GMT 2005

On 7/24/05, Michael B Allen <mba2000 at ioplex.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:38:42 -0700
> Praveen Tammana <praveen.public at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Connectivity can't be a problem because:
> > 1) I can execute SmbFile::isFile() and SmbFile::isDirectory() and they
> > return false and true respectively when called on smb://server/share/
>
> This doesn't even check the network.

Yes, I found that out a few minutes later :-)

> > What could be the problem here?  Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Did you set jcifs.netbios.wins?

No I did not and setting it didn't make a difference either (I
shouldn't need it since I gave an explicit ip address, right?).  I
did, however, find the problem.  I needed to set
jcifs.smb.client.laddr to the ip of the interface.  I too have a case
of 2 network cards and it must have been using the wrong one by
default.

Thanks

-Praveen