[jcifs] jcifs connection problem from unix box

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Jul 18 19:12:11 GMT 2005

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:06:19 +0000 (UTC)
Sherman <jsherman at espeed.com> wrote:

> I implemented the jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter on a java project in tomcat.  It
> works fine on my windows dev box, but when I pushed the project to my
> production unix box I started receiving the error below.
>
> I have confirmed there is network connectivity between the boxes, and there are
> no firewalls, proxy's or anything else.  Any help would be greatly appreciated:
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbException:
> jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Connection in error
> jcifs.util.transport.TransportException
> java.net.NoRouteToHostException: Cannot assign requested address

Odd. Someone *just* reported the same error. Turns out the socket
could not bind localhost/127.0.0.1. The solution was to set
jcifs.smb.client.laddr to the IP of the network interface.

What Linux distro and which Java version are you using? There's a bug
somewhere and I don't think it's me.