[jcifs] [jcifs-ext] ERROR_MORE_DATA on netUserGetGroups()

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Jan 19 06:11:53 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 12:44:39AM -0500, Michael B Allen wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:06:32 +0800
> "Stephen Eaton" <seaton at gateway.net.au> wrote:
>
> > G'day Wally,
> >
> > Did you have any joy with this problem?  I'm having the same problem with
> > the netGroupEnum() operation in the GroupManagement Class of JCIFS-ext
>
> This is a fundamental limitation in the RAP protocol. RAP protocol data
> units are limited to 64K. The RAP functions are a deprecated technology
> and therefore will never be included seriously in jcifs mainline. RPC
> will be used to provide user and group manipulation in 2.0.

...which specifically excludes interoperability with the Win9x and Me
systems still out there.  Those systems don't do RPC.  That's why there
was (is?) a separate project that adds RAP capabilities to jCIFS.

Also note that the newer Windows systems still support RAP for backward
compatibility.

Yes, it's old and it should be long-gone... but Cobol and C should also be
in a museum somewhere...

My 2cents.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org