[jcifs] jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Connection timeout

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Dec 29 02:34:36 GMT 2005

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 01:07:40 +0000 (UTC)
Keith <kmaull at webroot.com> wrote:

> jcifs.smb.SmbException:
> jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Connection timeout
> 	at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.connect(Transport.java:177)
> 	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.connect(SmbTransport.java:286)

Connection timeout most likely means that the target host did not respond
to the initial SYN message. Take a packet capture [1] and check to see
if the target is responding to the initil SYN packet. If it did not,
there is a problem with the network. If it did, there is a problem with
jCIFS in which case you are welcome to report back here.

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html

PS: I believe loglevel = 0 means not to log anything. Try a loglevel
of 10.