[jcifs] Re: Re: Loadbalancing with NTLMServlet/Filter

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Dec 5 17:54:38 GMT 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:11:29 -0600
"Tapperson Kevin" <Kevin.Tapperson at hcahealthcare.com> wrote:

> independently respond with HTTP 401 errors requesting NTLM
> authentication, and each app server supplies a different JSESSIONID
> cookie.
>
> At some point during (or after) the authentication process, the browser
> will choose to "standardize" on a single JSESSIONID cookie for the
> server.  Depending on when the browser chooses a single JSESSIONID
> cookie, there are 2 different cases to describe.

I think there are properties that can restrict pages to one particular
server. So you set the login page to only go to one server. I have no
experience with this so I can't be more specific but clearly this issue is
not specific to JCIFS. See if you can find documentation about Wedgetail,
Vintela, or other products that that to see how they deal with the issue.